Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pinks & Purples

I ordered this delicious section of beads on Monday and they arrived on Tuesday.

The bright pinks are a colour called orchid and I think it just may be my new favourite colour in the world.

I put them to use straight away, starting on this bangle:

It's done in peyote, the same technique I learned for my spiral bangle. Was a little bit tricky at first, but once I had the first "V" done, it go much easier.

At the weekend I went to little Samuel's first birthday party, held at the Boilerhouse in the Hidden Gardens at Tramway in Glasgow. Great venue, really really interesting garden and a glorious day. The birthday boy had a great time playing in the dirt and it was good to catch up with my cousins again.

Think I am going to Take That on Saturday - looks like I managed to wrangle a couple of freebies - still waiting for it to be confirmed though.

Til the next post, bloggy-types.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

LISA!!!!! that bangle is absolutely deish! those beads look wonderful even in their little bottles, don't they