Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Christmas is Coming

Gosh, I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated - I have been doing stuff (honestly!!).

Trying to get into the Christmas spirit, as I felt it was lacking a bit last year after all the wedding excitement. Think I'll get my tree on Saturday, let it settle overnight and decorate it on Sunday. Off out on Saturday with a ton of friends to Arisaig in Glasgow -because there's 26 of us, I think we are going to get the whole of the balcony level to ourselves. After dinner, we're off to Maggie May's.

Made Christmas chutney last night - my first attempt at doing anything like this. Had a little teaspoon taste to see if it was nice; it was yummy scrummy. Made plenty for the family, but will probably end up making more for friends as well. Didn't have jars, so ended up buying half a dozen Asda value lemon curds (not exactly a Nigella moment, spooning lemon curd down the toilet dressed in jammies with eyelliner rubbed over my face - so definitely no pic of that).

Here's the finished article - need to go to a fabric shop to get something Christmassy to put over the lid.

It contains cranberries, apples, dates, ground cloves, ginger & cinnamon, with some cayenne pepper for kick.

Thanks for looking.


1 comment:

Brianna Soloski said...

That chutney sounds good. :)

onecraftylibrarian.wordpress.com